Wednesday 7 September 2011

Here we go!

Hi everyone :)

So my store is up and running, and I have added a little Etsy widget on thi sblog here, it should be on the right hand side there.  on September 1st and 2nd I uploaded several items of jewellery, and I have continued this since Monday 5th September.

I have been tweeting and posting messages on my Facebook page.  I only have 11 followers at the moment, yet I have sent requests to many more than that....but I won't be deterred!  I will continue selling.

I haven't had any sales yet, but it really is early days.  I went on a few forums on Etsy and asked someone in the States to tell me if they thought my jewellery is too pricey, and she thought it was just a little too pricey.  I have brough down prices of earrings and bracelets, but not the necklaces yet.  I'm asking a couple of other people I know in the States to get their opinion.  Its really hard when you start thinking about prices which are reasonable in the UK, but when you convert them to US, Canadian or even Australian $$, it's hard to know whether it's a reasonable price for them too, or too much.  Perhaps I shouldn't be thinking this way?  Perhaps I should be pricing things at what I think is a decent UK price, and not think about how an American would see it?  I have no idea, I'm still very new to this!

Anyway, I need to find a widget or something to put on this blog, which connects to my Facebook and / or Twitter page.  I shall investigate this later on, so watch out for it!

In the meantime I have made absolutely NO more jewellery LOL!  I have been concentrating on listing my items, and so far all the Egyptian / Middle Eastern pieces are up.  Today I decided to plug seperate pieces on Facebook and Twitter every 30 mins.  I didn't think this was too invasive of me, and I have kept an eye on my Etsy shop stats and Google Analytics, which both come up with similar numbers but different useful and sometimes random information.  For example, most people who have visited my Etsy store in the UK are in Liverpool, and most in the US from California!

I will be looking into joining a forum or two soon, and I will be uploading prehistoric inspired jewellery next I think.  I'm putting up my best pieces of jewellery - which I think are the Roman, Greek, Tudor and Victorian pieces - last and nearer to Christmas.  I really like a lot of my jewellery and I really hope it starts selling soon.  I think I just have to work on my networking, and perhaps when Etsy have another live critique session, I might join in to find out several opinions.

The website it up, but there is a problem with the url which appears in Google searches.  It turns out that Google crawled my website before I even uploaded it, but why it's got a different name I have no idea.  The good thing is that the link works, as does the url, wierdly, as well as the real url which also appears at the top of the web browser either way.

Did I mention my business cards?  They are BRILLIANT!  And because I reported to MOO that there were 22 cards which were mis printed, they are sending me 100 more business cards for FREE!!  How cool is that?!

Anyhoo, I must have a look at widgets so I can add things to my blog so everything is linked up.  Sorry for the rambling! :)  I have a busy weekend ahead too, I'm seeing Lee Evans in Nottingham tomorrow night, going to see my brother take his vintage bi-plane flight on Friday (weather permitting) then gatecrashing my boyfriend's parents house for tea and cake afterwards.  On Saturday I'm going to Hyde Park for the Last Night of the Proms on Saturday, and coming home on Sunday.  Perhaps I will wear a noticeable necklace in the hope of getting comments so I can distribute business cards...... ! :)

Siobhan xx

No comments: