Friday 2 September 2011

Gemstone Orchid is on Etsy!

Yesterday I finally went LIVE with my launch of my Etsy store here at www.orchids.etsy.com!  Hooray!  I have been making quite good progress listing my items up gradually throughout the day, and I also managed to make one treasury which has great comments and as a result I have been starting on a little Etsy network!  How exciting!

I have been Tweeting and posting messages on my Facebook page, and this afternoon I will be letting more people know about the Facebook Page.  I have a few followers on Twitter but I hope to increase that number soon.  I think it all has something to do with hashtags and trends, I have been looking to see who I can follow.  The main thing to know about folowing people on Twitter is that you can lose your account if you follow people aggressively - if you follow 50 people in one go.  Not good!  Yesterday I think I followed around 8 people and 4 of them followed back which I think is about average.

I'll be adding a widget to my blog if I can too.....and the Website is ready but there is a problem.  Well, it's Google's problem....basically, when I searched for my website on Google, it came up and worked but the URL was totally wrong and I need that to change to what it actually is before I make the website live.  I don't really want people getting confused with the URL, so I might have to wait another month before Google updates it.  I'm not too fussed about that as Etsy is my main concern :)

There are still lots of things to do of course, tweaks here and there, but I think everything is going as I want it to.  I have even had my mini cards delivered which I love, from www.moo.com and 22 out of 200 of the cards had been misprinted - the image was crokked on the card - so I let MOO know and you know what they did?  They're sending me 100 more cards for FREE!!!  I love MOO!! :D  They are brilliant!

Ok, gotta run, I have jewellery to list in my online store!

Siobhan xx

No comments: