Wednesday 6 July 2011

Green, grey and fuzzy!

Yes, it's another scarf - as I said, I am making rather a few this year for Christmas!  This one is another simple double rib scarf like the last one, but the wool is different.  This is a sage-green wool with blue spots called "Wendy Mistral Chinky", and is a very similar wool to the grey one I knitted AGES ago.  This wool is 29% wool, 68% acrylic and 3% polyester, and I used 6.5mm needles to knit.  I am very pleased with this scarf, it's a little bobbly in texture, but the wool is quite wavy.  I added tassles as I did for the other one - actually I find tassles very therapeutic to do LOL!

Anyway, I would say who this is for but he might be reading this blog so I'll just say it's a gent's scarf....and no, it's not for the model in the photo - my boyfriend!  He's not really a scarf person, but he wanted the grey scarf I mentioned earlier.  Actually, speaking of that grey scarf - I actually knitted a hat for him to match, which was my first time using circular needles, using the same rib stitch as the scarf.  In all honesty I'm not really a huge fan of circular knitting needles, it kind of irritates me having to push the wool around constantly!  But I think I ended up with a nice hat.  I have tried crocheting hats but it doesn't really seem to happen for me!  I'll be posting a few of my crochet results at some point - the successful ones of course!

Lastly, regarding the beads - I have began to play with seed beads and bead stitching and weaving.  It's nice to do, but for me as an inexperienced person at this particular craft, it does take me quite a long time.  I kept imagining how long people take to make those huge necklaces with all that intricate bead weaving!!  Anyway, the point of doing it is part of my voyage of creative discovery, and I think I have to say that bead weaving and stitching is not really for me.  But I tried it - and this is what I'm figuring out!  I'll get on to the gemstone jewellery soon, I know I will! :)

No comments: