Wednesday 29 June 2011

A simple warm scarf

Before I show my scarf off, I'll just provide an update regarding my handmade jewellery!  I have made quite a bit of progress - although it won't seem so to some - I have created a website on which I just need to purchase the URL and upload photos, plus I hav an Etsy widget on there so people can go straight to my store if they like what they see - this widget will make it onto this blog when I start putting new items up for sale.  I have a Twitter acount which is ready to go, a Facebook page which is ready for photos, and I will be working on combining the two to save time on advertising and promoting - I hope I can use Tweetdeck for this and have it sent to my Facebook page!  I have designed business cards too, but I need photos of new jewellery which I plan on putting on the other side of them to give the cards a little bit of interest.  Other than that, I think it might actually be time for me to start experimenting with new techniques!  I can't wait!  In the meantime I have a book about "Web Marketing for Dummies" although I honestly feel I have read enough about that these past 2 weeks that I could probably write my own book about it!

Anyway, my latest knitting project is a scarf for a friend - this one is for Christmas so it needs to be warm in time for the January and February chill!  I LOVED this wool and I still have a ball of it left to play with.  It's SIRDAR Escape Wool Rich Chunky (51% wool, 49% acrylic) and I knitted this one on 6.5mm needles.  Not too big, not too tiny.  The colour is a really vivid blue from dark to light to dark again.  I want this scarf for myself but I have made it for a friend and it will be given to that friend, come Christmas!

This was just a simple double rib pattern, great to do in front of the TV in the evenings (which is when I usually knit) as there is little room for error, although I probably went wrong a couple of times, but its hard to notice really.  It's soft and of course it has tassels, I love making those!  Very easy to do with a 3 - 4 strands of wool and a crochet hook to pull it through.  Simple, soft and warm :)

No comments: