Monday 2 April 2012

Crochet Easter Bunny Pins!

Hello!  I have been very busy with bunnies this week.  I discovered a pattern on the internet ages ago for this, and I have been saving it for this Easter!


Every Easter I give my family little baskets - or pouches this year - of chocolate goodies, and I usually include a little gift inside too.  Last year I found some cute little wooden rabbit decorations, the year before that I found some really pretty glass egg decorations.  This year I'm making the gift - and I decided on Easter Bunny pins.

This was quite useful for me actually, because I do have quit a bit of wool at home here, which I keep looking at and thinking "Now what can I make with this?".  I have a habit of buying wool and deciding what to make later.....but I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this..! :)

Anyhoo, here's a link to the pattern: Easter Bunny Pin or Fridgie.  This is a great pattern which allows you to do what you like with the face - for example, I got some of those craft eyes from an art and toy store, and I used black wool to sew a little nose and smiley mouth on my bunnies.  I thought mine didn't really need a bowtie and I decided not to put on a tail.  I made all of mine with bent ears because they look so cute!

Regarding the back of the pin, I had bought lots of these craft pins in bulk a little while ago and it's a great idea to leave a longer tail of wool at the beginning than the pattern suggests because you can use that to sew it on.

Happy crafting!

Siobhan x

No comments: