Monday 12 March 2012

Easter Crochet

My latest crochet project is for Easter - I usually go out and buy little baskets to put my chocolate eggs in to give out to my family, but I thought I would attempt to cut costs this year by making little pouches instead!  I have lots of wool here which I haven't used for anything.  Why?  Well, it's the downside of buying wool online.  Although it may be cheaper to buy online, sometimes the colour isn't exactly what you thought it was according to the photo on screen.....!!  Anyway, I had a blue and a purple which I thought would go with a nice bright yellow ribbon to look nice and Eastery, so that's what I did:
Cute, right? :) The best thing about these is that you can make them as small or as large as you like! What I did with these was try a different pattern or two in the middle before reaching the last part to finish off.  This gives each pouch a different pattern so no two will look the same.

I got the pattern from here: http://roundshape.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/round-crochet-medieval-purse/ where it is called a "Medieval Purse".  I guess the size also depends on the wool you're using too - I like fairly chunky wool so this one measures about 11cm high and about 10cm in diameter.  Of course, the wool stretches with whatever you put inside which can be a good thing if you have - like me - a number of little chocolate eggs to put inside them :)  I haven't got the chocolate yet so I hope I haven't made these pouches too big!

And no, I don't mean I've eaten the chocolate - I really haven't bought it yet!

Happy crafting!

Siobhan x

1 comment:

April D said...

Thanks for making the pattern and for linking me! I love the colors you choose :D Looks very spring-esque!