Monday 25 July 2011

A very productive week!

I know I know...I meant to blog last Wednesday LOL!  Actually last week was pretty busy for me.  Wednesday I went to a book launch, had a vaccination booster jab and I was creating jewellery like crazy!

So here is what happaned - last weekend I checked my email and found one from www.moo.com - this is where I have ordered my stickers from to put on my jewellery boxes topersonalise them and I think moo.com are brilliant!  Anyway, this email said that they were doing a 30% of EVERYTHING they printed until Thursday midnight last week.  When I opened the email, this gave me 4 days to make enough jewellery so I could put photos of my work on the reverse of the business cards I had designed!  Yey!

So, Monday through to Wednesday I was creating goodness knows how many necklaces, and on Thursday I spent the day taking lots and lots of photos of them.  I filled my camera with 480 photos!  Wow.  Anyway, Everything turned out really well apart from a few photos of the necklaces on the busts with turned out darker than I would have liked.  Still, it was the close up photos which I was going to use to put on the business cards, and with a little tewaking of the OTHER side of the business card, I managed to put my order in and sort it all out by 9pm Thursday evening and I got 30% my order of 200 mini cards.  Phew!

So you see, it really has been a busy week but I'm glad it happened.  I had a deadline so I made jewellery like crazy.  This doesn't mean I'm not going to make much jewellery this week - last week sort of threw me into it and I feel like I have a flow going, and I'm ready to play around with more designs.  I am still planning on begining to launch everything mid - late August, but something else may come up before then which may delay it a week.  It's all got to do with a friend in the States and the issue of shipping her cat over to her by September 1st....but I won't go into that LOL!

Anyway, everything is pretty much on schedule, and this Wednesday I am going to the London Jewellery School for a "Business Day" class - I really hope it's going to be helpful and not repeat everything I've already read about!  I'm looking forward to it actually.  I just need to print out a map to find out where everything is and I'll be fine.  Also hoping there might be a Starbucks close by so I can have some lunch there :)  I shall write about it in my next post :)

No comments: