Saturday 5 September 2009

Lost In Space

First of all, I must apologise in the delay of posting! I shall try to post more often now I have finished my scrapbook, which I shall also be including in this blog.

So, my brother's birthday was in August, and this is the card I created for him. I admit, I cheated by BUYING some "toppers" but I have to say that, when I saw the toppers in the store I couldn't resist buying them, as they made me think of him! He loves all things astronomy and space-related, and I thought this was quirkily appropriate.

The toppers I used were of a space-ship, and astronaut, a space-station, and I used a few star-shaped stickers of my own to add to it. First, I chose a brightly-coloured stripey paper from a pad of coloures papers (A5 size), and cut it to fit a tall card. After sticking that on as a background, I finished off the edges with peel-off silver trim.

Hints and tips: Finish off the edges with a peel-off trim BEFORE you put everything else on top - this prevents you having a very fiddly job if you leave it till the end.

After sticking the toppers on in the best arrangement I could create, I decided to stick the "3..2..1...." sticker at the bottom, finishing that off with silver trim instead of a "Happy Birthday". I thought it worked perfectly, and he loved it!

No comments: